Dean Sheremet’s Frittata
Remember that frittata I talked about yesterday?
The one Dean made?
I’m seriously still dreaming about it so I asked him to share the recipe.
The only problem? He made it up on the fly. Cause that’s what chefs do. Just throw together the random ingredients of their fridge and it ends up being the most delicious thing you’ve ever had. Cut to me preparing and perfecting the same thing ten times over in as many years and it can’t even come close. Oh, well. I guess that’s why you befriend chefs.
If you don’t have a Dean in your life, his recipe for similar frittata is below.
Bacon & Potato Frittata
1 ½ cups of cooked potato, diced
2 ½ cups of fresh spinach
1 cup baby Portobello mushrooms, quartered
2 scallions, sliced thin
3 slices of bacon, sautéed until crispy
6 ounces goat cheese, broken into large chunks
1 cup of cream
Fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, adjust your rack to the middle position
- Place the spinach in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 45 seconds to blanch
- Carefully remove and use a towel to squeeze out the extra moisture. Chop finely
- Whisk together the eggs and cream, set aside
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil starts to shimmer tip the mushrooms in and sauté until golden brown, about 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper
- Butter a 13×9 pan and add a layer of the chopped spinach followed by the scallion, mushrooms, bacon, and potato and scatter the goat cheese
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Season your egg mixture with salt and pepper and pour into the dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the middle is just set and the outer edges are puffy and golden.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
December 7, 2017
Catering Christmas: One Daughter’s Story of How She Lost Her Mother While Becoming One Herself
Life works in interesting ways. Years ago (many more than I’d like to admit), I went to college with a […]READ MORE
September 19, 2017
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
Daniel Tiger’s mom and I have two things in common. 1) We wear the same outfit every day. Mine usually […]READ MORE
September 5, 2017
Nantucket Girls’ Trip
If you read my Insta account, you know I’ve been housebound (and hectic!) all summer so when I put out […]READ MORE